PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

At the dinner table...


Have you ever 
taken your dinner in a big crowd?
Whom all of the people
around you are your
blood-related 
brothers,
sisters,
uncles,
aunts,
Mum,
Dad,
cousins,
nephews,
Grandpa,
Grandma,
etc etc etc etc.
Well, I only got a chance
whenever I go back to my relatives
who are staying all across the South China Sea.

Yes. Living in the Peninsular of Malaysia,
and having paternal relatives who are
all in the other island of Borneo,
makes visiting harder.
I won't choose to swim there,
nor sitting a boat there.
Car can't bring you across the sea,
so the only choice is the air.
Funny to say,
but...
I have been in an aeroplane
more than in a train or bus.
 
Before economics became this kind of shit,
Mum and Dad were able to bring the family of four
to visit Grandpa and Grandma.
But the world is getting harder.
And conditions in the family
wasn't able to win the race with the world,
so...
we got to cut cost,
and only two were able to return.
Yeap, soon, I'll be visiting them.
Soon.
And that's only with my Dad.
Sad that Mum and Sis can't tag along.
We just don't have the budget!
Sad right?
That's why,
I promise myself
to work harder in life,
so all these financial kind of problems
will not exist anymore in my generations.
Then I might be able to pay my love to Mum and Dad
more abundantly. You say?
 **
Recently, I am watching many dramas.
And I am always excited when the scene
of a family dinner is going on.
I mean,
there's so many of them around the dinner table!
And everyone of them got a story.
So, if you want to talk, you have to talk!
Just imagine!
The atmosphere,
the surrounding,
the noise,
the chatters.
 
Well, I may have to
only dream of it.
As my family only have four of us,
this another type of experience
will always be in my imaginations.
And may my imaginations rule
and lest reality over-power it.
 *
As I sit at the dinner table,
I slowly,
gradually,
heard laughter
and someone
calling my name.
''Shoon..."
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment