PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Sunday, December 18, 2011

Only a Sketch


In the 
Weight of Glory, by C.S. Lewis,
tells a story of a woman who gave birth
to a son while confined as a prisoner in a dungeon.
Since the boy had never seen the outside world,
his mother tried to describe it by making pencil drawings.
Later when he and his mother were released from prison,
the simple pencil sketches were replaced by the actual images
of our Beautiful world.
**
In a similar way, the inspired picture the Bible gives us of heaven will,
someday, be replaced by joyful, 
direct experience. The first hand experience,
is better than anything that is good in this world;
HEAVEN WILL BE THE BEST OF THE BESTS.
Paul understood this fact, and that our perception if heaven,
is limited until one day, in the future,
when we will be in Christ's presence.
"Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face.
Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 
(1 Corinthians 13:12)
Yet Paul's confidence in future that the sufferings in the midst of trials:
"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be 
even compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18)
*
Our current idea of the glories of heaven, 
is just, only, a simple sketch.
Yet, we can be completely confident in Jesus,
and in Jesus' claim that He has gone to heaven, 
to prepare a place for us. (John 14:1-3)
Behold, the best is yet to come! 
*
Sometimes, I grow homesick of heaven,
and the glories I there shall behold;
O, what a joy that will be when my Savior I see,
in that beautiful city of gold!
*
Dear Readers, it's only a sketch.
Life, as it is, is like a show.
We now live in sketch. 
But one day, we'll see the real deal. 
Hallelujah!



@@
TO ALL MY DEAREST READERS, 
MY UTMOST APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE POST
AND FOR THE WAITING.
I AM SINCERELY SORRY FOR MY BUSINESS. 
FOR YOUR INFO, I'LL TRY TO BLOG IN THIS FOUR DAYS 
TO COME, DUE TO MY FAMILY HOLIDAYS.
MY PROMISE, I WILL TELL MY HOLIDAY STORIES AND
MY CAMP STORIES.
THANK YOU. 
SHOON'S STORIES

 

No comments:

Post a Comment