PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Saturday, December 17, 2011

7 Days of MBC Journey: Part 1


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

From 11th of December to 17th of December, I had attended the Malacca Bible Camp (Chinese), which, obviously, is held in Malacca. The venue was in Malacca Gospel Hall. That was the second time I stepped into this church. But it was a long time ago, 10 years, if not mistaken. That time, we could see the view of the sea from the entrance of the church building. But now, after 10 years, the sea had became land. New houses and shops were built. I merely could even recognize the place. Thank God dad had his GPS, if not, haha. we'll be lost in this concrete jungle. Anyhow, we managed to found Malacca Gospel Hall. One look at it, I could feel the atmosphere I once felt, 10 years ago. The building is still the same 2-storey tall, and a small compound for parking. Indeed, this humble place had not change, just like it had been in the last 10 years. You know, this reminded me of God Himself. People changed, places changed, the world changed, but only God Himself do not change; and that's why we can trust Him ultimately, because His love for us never change. God is the only one we could depend on when all things fade away.

Honestly, I was forced to come to this camp. I mean, "hey, I have no friends here, I don't know anyone. I seldom read Chinese Bible and well, it's a 7-day camp. I rather be at home, near my friends, with my computer!" But still, the other half of me  was in curiosity of this camp. I wanted to look for new friends, and of course, learn God's word. Although my heart was in war, but still, I surrendered to my Dad and Mum's will, and the Lord's will, that I should attend this camp. With this act of obedience, I was greatly reward. And I am eternally grateful to both of my parents and to my heavenly Father. I made new friends, and every one of them are very nice and unique. I learned many things; from God's word (the Bible) to responsibilities. We learned the book of Hebrew, mainly of the superior characters of Jesus Christ, and the great faith we can have in Him. I also learned the way of living as a Christ-like's teen's life; based on the verse, 1 Timothy 4:12, " Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." And thus, we were taught to practice our Christian life.I'll stretched more on what I learned, but for now, I want you to see that I really learned a lot of stuffs. That reminded me of Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus Christ as the son of the heavenly Father, obediently obeyed the Father's will, to die on the cross, so that He could take our sins away. And because of that, we can live forever; Hallelujah! Jesus was dead, but was risen to life after 3 days! And for that reason, we can have our hope on our ultimate powerful Savior who conquered death and give life.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish ,but have everlasting life." Amen!

**

There were 2 topics in this camp. The first one was about our practical life as a Christian. Based on this verse:
1 Timothy 4:12, " Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." 
 We are all teenagers. and thus, we have to set an example to others, in speech, in our actions (conduct), in the love for all men kind, in our faith towards God and in the purity of our life. 
Whereas in the second topic, which is about the study of the book of Hebrew. We learned ever chapters and every verse, and to my utmost surprise, I found out that there are so many things we can learned, just from one book in the whole Bible. Hebrew enrich my knowledge, strengthen my faith and uphold me in my trust in Jesus Christ. I blessed His words to me, and I thank God for the book of Hebrew.
 From both of this lessons, I realized the the Bible is like a goldmine. You know, at a goldmine, you can't just simple scratch the surface. You got to dig deeper, 'cause that's wear the real deal, those precious diamonds and gold are buried, deep in the ground. Similarly, when you start to study the Bible seriously, you are as digging the word of God, searching for the real meaning and the awesome things God gives to us -- His words of life. From this camp, I am boosted to study the word of God, so that I can get my gold, not only for myself, but for my friends and family, and to others too.

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God. 
 Hebrew 6:1










No comments:

Post a Comment