PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Sunday, December 11, 2011

Breathtaking


A proper slogan says,
''Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away.''
 *
Well, I see this phrase everywhere, 
on everything;
from T-shirts to pieces of art.
It's a very catchy phrase, 
BUT I think it's misleading.

You know why?
If we measure life by breathtaking moments,
we miss the wonder of ordinary moments.
Eating, sleeping, and breathing seem
'ordinary' 
in that we do them every day;
usually without much thought.
Yet, they are not ordinary at all.
Every bite, and every breath, are miracles.
In fact, having breath is more miraculous than anything that takes our breath away.
Isn't?
*
King Solomon may have had more breathtaking moments than anyone.
He said, ''I did not withhold my heart from any pleasure" (Eccl. 2:10)
However, he expressed cynicism about it by saying,
''All of it is meaningless''.
 Solomon's life reminds us  that 
it's important to find joy in 'ordinary' things. 
Bigger is not always better.
More is not always an improvement.
Busier doesn't make us more important.
Sometimes, least is better,
and simple is nice.
Rather than looking for meaning in breathtaking moments,
we should find the meaning in every single breath we take,
and make every breath meaningful.
**
All that I want is Jesus;
He satisfies me, joy He supplies;
Life would be worthless without Him,
All things in Jesus I find. -Loes  


@ TO ALL MY DEAR SHOON'S STORIES READERS,
PLEASE DO TAKE NOTE THAT I'LL BE BACK BY THE 17TH OF 
DECEMBER DUE TO CERTAIN REASONS. I APOLOGIZE 
AND THANKS FOR READING. CIAO! 

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment