PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Saturday, December 10, 2011

50 Chinese, 50 English


Listen to this song. 
It's a Chinese movie, namely 
<< The Apple of my Eye>>
Well, I am quite a half-half Chinese.
I speak in Chinese language, 
I listen to Chinese news,
but I write and read English,
and I prefer English singers and songs.
Maybe that's the reason I was so far,
far from all Chinese's songs, 
books and even pop stars.
Mostly of my friends are Chinese.
And that had became the troubleshooter.
I was kind of, you know, pushed aside.
That's how teenager's life is all about.
"That guy isn't my type, so I am not so 
interested to mix with him.''
You get what I mean?
It's hard to find the odd ones,
the ME-s among my friends.
'Cause to them, Chinese are all about Chinese stuffs.
Well, I just want to say, 
no one is the same.
All of us are different.
The only difference is that,
my differences are more than theirs.
**
Recently, I started giving in,
and looked for Chinese songs, lyrics, poems and essays.
The main reason I don't really tune in to Chinese songs,
is because I don't know what they are singing.
It's not that I don't understand Chinese,
it's just that, the lyrics in Chinese aren't as clear as the English.
You can't blame me, nor judge me, 
'cause that's who I am.
That's me!
However, I had found some good Chinese singers.
Nice poems too. Chinese literature are super amazing.
And the best of all, their OST music are just good.
And the one that I posted above, was the newly,
released Chinese movie's background music.
Isn't it nice? I just love the simple yet pure tune,
that simply adorn the beauty of moments of teens.
*
Wang Lee Hom is also my choice of male Chinese singer.
Late Teresa Teng is also my choice of female Chinese singer.
Just to let you know. Maybe some samples of their work?
Hmm.. this is one of Teresa Teng's songs. Listen to her.
She sings so soft and tender, as if you are in paradise.
By the way, this song entitled 
<>
Enjoy. Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment