PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sun-Day-Out

Last Sunday, we watched the film Dream House, by Jim Sheridan. The very creative screenplay was written by David Loucka. Starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts, this film is about a publisher, Will Atenton (Daniel Craig) who moved from New York City to a suburban Connecticut town with his wife Libby (Rachel Weisz) and their young daughters Trish (Taylor Geare) and Dee Dee (Claire Geare) so that Will could work on a novel. There, Will met their new neighbors, Ann Patterson (Naomi Watts), who was divorcing her husband, Jack Patterson (Marton Csokas), and fighting for full custody of their teenage daughter, Chloe (Rachel G. Fox).

The conflicts began when Trish and Dee Dee started seeing a man watching the house from the front yard, and Will and Libby found evidence that something had happened to the house's previous owners. Will eventually discovered that, years prior, a woman named Elizabeth and her daughters Beatrice and Katherine were murdered, and her husband, Peter Ward, was the main suspect, but was let off because of lack of evidence. Will started believing that Peter Ward had returned and was stalking his family, so Will started searching for more information about Peter Ward.

Will's research lead him to the psychiatric hospital where Peter Ward was committed after being arrested for murdering his family. There, Will discovered that he was Peter Ward, and created a new identity for himself in order to cope with the grief of his family's death. He was informed by the doctors that he claimed he was innocent. He returned to his house, which was actually abandoned and decrepit, and conversed with the projections of his wife and daughters, who claimed that they believe in his innocence.

Peter eventually became closer to Ann and Chloe, and discovered that they were friends of his family. Ann believed in his innocence and encouraged Peter to live a new life in order to heal himself. Peter eventually decided to return to his old house to confront his memories and, with Ann's help, realized that he did not kill his family.

It was a local man named Boyce (Elias Koteas), who broke into the house and shot Will's daughters. During the fight, Elizabeth tried to shoot Boyce and accidentally shot Peter, allowing Boyce to recover the shotgun and kill her. Peter was then accused of the murder.

Will and Ann are suddenly attacked by Boyce and Jack, who revealed that he had hired Boyce to kill Ann so he could get revenge against her for divorcing him. Boyce got into the wrong house and accidentally killed Peter's family. Jack decided to kill Ann and set the house on fire, framing Peter for her murder, and shot Boyce's legs as punishment for his early failure. As they tried to ignite a fire, Peter escaped, overpowered Jack and saved Ann. Boyce doused Jack in gasoline in revenge for being shot, but Jack shoots him in the head before being consumed by the flames. However, Jack was burned to death in the end.

While Ann and Chloe reunited outside the burning house, In the burning house, Peter confronted the ghosts of his wife and children, who forgave him and said goodbye. Will escaped the burning house, having finally discovered the truth and gained inner peace.

One year later, Will has returned to New York City and published a book called "Dream House," using his real name, Peter Ward, about his recent experiences.

***
I love this film as it is screened on a very extraordinary neighbourhood yet full of incidents. I almost cried when the film is over, feeling that the actors were all so into their acting, and the plots was superb. Very nice arrangement of the scenes and overall, it was a good show. A thumbs up, and yes, a worth-to-watch film.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had luncheon too. It was in Black Canyon. Not bad... just... I did not really enjoy the atmosphere. I felt warm... (the yellow lights and wallpapers) and some tomyam aroma in the air, but I do treasured my time with my church-friends. We had a jolly luncheon and Yes, I did enjoy my Pataya Friend Rice with Shrimp and my Strawberry Yogurt Drink.

See that picture over there? -->
Yeap, that's the prove we went there. It was taken by one of my friends... so there would be a total of eight persons there... enjoying our lovely meals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<-- That is us, again. We were slacking at the bus stop. Pretty lame huh? Well, thanks to my friend, D, who wanted to leave us and go home for futsal., got us stranded there with him.
(Actually, it was my idea that we should accompany him XD)
But who would know that he refused to get on the bus, twice!
And when the third one came, here's the good part, he was told by his football-friends that futsal, is canceled! Aha!
So, guess what, we rushed into the cinema... bought him a ticket. (Thank God there was one more for him! and it was the same row as us! Teehee!)
Yeap, we watched the film I just told you about. Dream house. Lovely film.
<<[ my first time, slacking at SUCH place... the bust stop. Maybe you don't know me, but I'm the guy that I choose places. I am not fancy about mamak, or simple kopitiam... or bus stops. However, when you're with friends, you just got to be... flexible!]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay. Now the guy over there IS me. Well, that ain't my usual specs... ps, how do I look? Xp
Heck, I did not ask for this shot... but still, I think I loved it!
We managed to spent some time in Cotton On.
FYI, it's a clothing shop.
No I did not buy any clothes in there, just hanging out with friends. But guess what, I thought we would be chase out by those workers there. We weren't! For the sake of some girls, we were forced to... wait. Like girl-friend shopping and the guy would be like standing or sitting at the corner, watching his watch and grunt... just that this was different.
But seriously, Cotton On atmosphere is very fresh. May I say... it's suitable for teens?
Anyway, that was the Sun-Day-Out for us.
Indeed we had a great time, being together and having awesome fellowship. Thank you Lord, and we hope to have this again!





No comments:

Post a Comment