PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My condolences: The Lord comforts you

This story of mine is dedicated to my very good friend
whom music is our pleasures
art is our gate-away
and freedom of teenagers is our desire.
My utmost condolences to her
as she mourned for the lost of her loved one.
Sixty seconds
of silence... 
...
...
...
...
...
May the good Lord bless her and her family
May he rest in peace.
*
It happened that Saturday [1.10.11]
that I got a call
''Shoony...
my Dad just passed away.''
In a breath, she gave me her message.
Short, yet heart-rending.
To be honest, that was the first time
I was in this type of situation.
To be honest, I was feeling pretty awkward. 
''I...I'm so sorry to hear this..." I replied.
And I tried to calm her.
But she was not crying... if not,
I would be feeling even... awkward.
Awkward as in... What should I SAY?
I cheer her up a bit. 
That is what I do. And is what I do best.
I make people laugh. 
But... I suddenly realized... my expertise could not be applicable in this situation.
So... I asked a question. 
A stupid question.
''So... you are not crying?"
How stupid I could be... but I still did not know what to say...
''I did cry... but keep crying is useless. Time when I should cry, I had cried."
Her reply gave me an impression.
She, my friend, is very, very tough.
*
Once again, this is dedicated to her.
We will uphold you in our prayers, 
and I pray that the good Lord will strengthen you.
* 
Is. 66:13 "As one whom his mother comforteth, 
so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted."


No comments:

Post a Comment