PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Monday, April 2, 2012

Awesome Luncheon!!!

 Dear Diary, today, I woke up late. Well, I was sleeping again after breakfast.
What could I do? I couldn't help it; yesterday the Korean drama drifted me too far.
Anyway, I rushed to bath, and dressed, and glided downstairs. Still, I was the last one.
All my relatives were waiting for me in the car, with engines all started!
And the next thing I knew, we were on our way to the town,
which took about 2 hours from our place. Oh no, it's 2 boring hours in the car, again!
The restaurant was named WangXi (旺喜).
It was big. Huge! And very beautiful.
Take a good look at the place. Yes, there were a lot of people.
C'mon man! This old man lived for 80+ years, 
and was celebrating his 60th wedding anniversary.
Surely he had met many many people all along the journey in his life, eh?
So, yes, the first photo is the place where we had our awesome luncheon.

 Dear Diary, there were many dishes.
There were two dishes before this one,
the Ship of Longevity. 
Hahaa, I just love this picture. So indeed creative!
I only started taking picture of the menu after this dish went up.
Say, looking at the creativeness and the effort those chefs put up,
my appetite became extremely well. Oh my my, how I love to have some
of my chopsticks stick into this very special ship-like dish.
Hahahaa. I was very much amused as I was eating the little
bits of the food in this dish. 
Wait! Do you have the feeling of this dish
more like a Japanese sushi-type of dish? How wonderful!
There were sushi on it, by the way. Hahahaa.
Vegetables, prawns, pork, chicken, yam, fruits were all in there too!
OH my my! How delicious!!! Hahahahaa!!!

Just take a look at this!!! 
Shark fins. Hahahaa. A must in a Chinese cuisines. 
But seriously, is it really shark fins? Or is it just some simple fish fins?
Well, what to do? I'm not even a food expert, nor a food researcher,
so I couldn't really tell the difference.
But it did taste good. With some vinegar, it's simply perfect.
I had two, by the way! Hahhaaa.
My relatives were so good to me,
they had the extra for me. Awww... thanks aunt!
 
 If you're interested in Chinese cuisines, this next dish might not be 
stranger to you.
It's very very famous to the Chinese.
It's called the Dong Bo Rou (东伯肉).
Rou means meat.
Dong Bo, is a name for a famous member of the 
ancient China parliament and also a poet.
His real name is Su Dong Bo.
There's a story behind this Dong Bo Rou with regards to Su Dong Bo.
But I don't think I'll tell it right now.
Maybe next time, 'cause I want to focus on 
my Awesome Luncheon for now.
But I promise I'll tell you guys 
the story of Su Dong Bo!
Promise!!!
 
 Next in the menu was some kind of fish.
Very very fresh. 
As you can see, the meat is as white as snow.
But Daddy said it wasn't colt fish.
Awh... that's too bad
'Cause colt fish would taste even better.
This fish was nice.
But until then, my stomach was near to exploding.
Hahaa.. it's been awhile since I have been eating so much.
Oh no!! I got to skip dinner tonight,
and I have to exercise!!! I cannot get fat, again!!!
Rawr!!!
 
So, finally, the last dish. Well, eventually, these two came together.
Fried prawn and fruits.
But the fried prawns were left too long in the kitchen,
it became too soft. Not crunchy. So not that nice. =(
Fruits, okay okay.
Hahah... so that's all for my Awesome Luncheon.
Well, if you don't feel it's awesome, it's alright.
'Cause I admit it isn't THAT awesome,
But the feeling of happy being back to my life
is AWESOME!
What's my life?
Eating good things in good restaurants.
That's how my life should be.
Not some army camp,
where food tasted like rubbish. Hahaa.
I <3 eating great food!!!
Do you?


Ciao!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment