PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chinese New Year Eve: Simple but Warm


A little pinch of salt,
add with some seasoning,
a kiss of love
and a punch of care,
have given us the food,
the strength and the energy,
to continue our life,
with health and a sound mind.
That's my Mum,
who have worked hard for us,
in the past decade.
*
2012 is no exception.
The Chinese New Year Eve dinner
is nothing but a must in 
the Chinese tradition.
The ''coming home'' concept
of CNY eve's dinner
is still not in a great impact to our family,
as we have our dinner together 
almost everytime.
Many Chinese tried to prepare this dinner
as big as possible,
as costly as it can be,
and as delicious it is.
But the quality of the food is not our purpose 
of this CNY eve dinner,
but the REASON we have this 
very dinner in the CNY eve's evening.
Mum had nicely prepared a simple dinner.
Nothing fancy, she admitted.
But to us, it was more than satisfying.
It had been supplying us the need we have,
throughout our entire life 'till now,
and it have given us good health.
What more can we ask?
*
Simple but Warm.
I hope for a simple life.
Yet, a life full with the love of family,
the warm relationship with my friends,
and the good way I will be going on this year.
The dragon is a year, that will bring happiness to all.
But, no matter how lucky we are, 
there's still room for us 
to work for our successes.
There's nothing free in this world.
I want a simple life,
with a simple dream.
Sometimes, simple is nice.
Warm in heart, 
in health and 
in the things we do.
*
As we eat our simple but warm food,
I thank the good Lord who have preserve us
in the last year, and I hope for the best
in the year to come.
Although we have a simple life,
but make sure, 
it is as warm as the fire
in our hearts.
Happy Chinese New Year 
to all my Chinese friends in the world!
新春快乐!






No comments:

Post a Comment