PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas; The Pursue Of The Heavenly Love



Do you know
that God pursue us,
 rather than us
 pursuing God??
 This heavenly pursuits,
 is the uniqueness that God,
Himself had grant only to the races
of Adam and Eve.
 *
Ironically,
the people today seems to go the other way round.
They have became the pursuer
instead of God;
they are now pursuing their so-called god,
ignoring God's pursuits for the people
that He love so much and He love so dear.
This people, as blind as a bat,
continue to pursue their god,
hoping that through good behaviour,
keeping of rituals, good works,
or other efforts,
they will be 'accepted' by the god 
they pursue...
 *
Sigh...
Why, you people of the world!
Don't you notice that God, 
the Heavenly Pursuer,
is pursuing you,
standing patiently outside your heart,
constantly knocking at the door of your soul,
saying, "Dear brother, dear sister, why not you let me in?"
And how cruel, how bad, how stubborn we are,
HE NEVER STOP PURSUING US,
LOVING US.
**
The poet Francis Thompson catches the profound nature
of this reality,
when he writes of the relentless pursuit of God,
in his life.
His work, "The Hound Of Heaven",
writes that as he fled from God,
he couldn't outrun 

"those strong feet that followed... 
with unhurrying chase and unperturbed pace".

 Yet, God's untiring pursuit of the wayward
is not just Thompson's story,
but ours too.
At the heart of every man,
there's a wonderful truth of
God's pursuit of everyone of us.

As Paul affirms,
"God sent forth His Son, born of a woman,
born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law"
(Galations 4:4-5)

It's not just the Christmas story.
It's not just my story.
It's the story of God's pursuit or us!
Behold, His pursuit of me!
His pursuit of YOU!
*
*
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be
that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me? -Wesley













No comments:

Post a Comment