PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Return Back


walking back
before i had my Lumia
i was active on blogs.
most of my stories are told
here

i still remember clearly.
it was on the 13th of May 2013
when i first bought my very own
smartphone
a Nokia Lumia 920
(now discontinued)

it was on a Monday.
school holiday i guess,
because Dad took me all the way
to Sunway Pyramid
to purchase my Lumia.

i insisted on a chilli-red cover
and i did not regret it.

mind you, my Dad did not pay a single cent.
after a year of tutoring, i managed to gather up
the amount required.
at the same time,
my friend whom we tutored the same kid
also bought her new smartphone
around that week.
hers was an iPhone 5.

we were best buddies.
and our phones became best buddies.
we never compared each others.
we shared.

i really like iPhone.
but i adore Lumia's simplicity and elegance.
and because nobody was using Nokia
all dominated by Samsung,
i just wanted to be special.
be odd.

since that day onwards,
i left blogspot alone.
until now.

 it did not mean that i lost my voice,
my stories,
my complains
after i got my Lumia.
instead, those laments were shared
with real friends.
real actual human beings
 via all kinds of social apps.
you name it
Facebook, Twitter, Whassap, ...
and the list goes on.

i even started Instagram
where all my photos and pictures are,
and all of them tell bits of my stories.
kinda works like a diary,
just with pictures.

blogging.
writing.
expressing.
it's what i do.
i have a voice.
waiting to be heard.
there are more voices in me.
all closed up.
in a closet.
right in my heart.
i find it hard to even write it down.
i choked every time i tried.
revealing it.
it's just not an option.
yet.
maybe one day.
maybe never.

in 2014, vlogging became viral.
i thought 
why not?
i gave it a try.
but failed miserably.
or maybe, i did not try enough.
but i gave up.

i wanted to vlog
the same reason why i blog.
to express me.
but words work better for me.
at least, for now.

i want to live.
i want to talk.
i want to express how i feel inside.

blogging came back to my mind.
and so,
here i am,
returning to my world.
my blog.
Shoon's stories continues...

*my dearest readers, i apologize
for the sudden disappearance 



No comments:

Post a Comment