PASSION

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes and I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Change



People hate change.
or so I hear.
Yet the change we generally resist 
is the kind that we think,
will make our situation
worse rather than better.
We eagerly change jobs
when it meas higher pay and more influence.
We happily move to a bigger house
in a better neightbourhood.
So,
it's not change in general that we hate;
it's change that involves loss
--- sometimes physical;
other times emotional or psychological.

Change is both inevitable and necessary.
 If everything stays the same,
no one is growing.
Yet we have a 
Shepherd
who guides us through change
and leads us to a better place.
Getting there may be difficult,
as it was for the Isrealites in reaching the Promised Land.
They grumbled when their situation got worse rather than better.
(Exodus 15:24/ Numbers 14:2)
Yet, we have the example of Jesus.
In less than a week, He went from being the leader of many
to being abandoned by all.
Between the Palm Sunday and Good Friday,
the Good Shepherd became the Passover Lamb.
Because Christ willingly went through suffering,
God elevated Him to the highest place!
(John10:11/ Phil.2:8-9)

Not all change is pleasant;
but when we are being led to a better place
by Someone who loves us,
we don't need to fear it.
-- DailyBread
**

I know not, but God knows:
Oh, blessed rest from fear!
All my unfolding days
to Him are plain and clear.
*

I am the good shepherd,
and I know my sheep.
John 10:14 


Ciao! 
God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment